FREEDOM THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD
1 Freedom from the Law
The old law no longer binds (Romans 7:1-4)
This freedom from the old law is good (Romans 7:5-6).
This freedom from the old law is necessary(Romans 7:7-13).
Note: The Ultimate Sacrifice. The underlying strength of Christ’s law is his sacrifice on the cross.
2 Freedom from Sin
Free from condemnation (Romans 8:1-4).
Free from the flesh – sinful nature (Romans 8:5-13).
3 Freedom from Fear
In Christ we have no fear of the following… (Romans 8:14-39).
- No fear of bondagefor God treats his adopted as co-heirs of Christ (v.14-17)
- No fear of sufferingfor we have the incomparable hope of glory (v.17-18).
- No fear of corruptionfor we will be redeemed from physical death (v.19-25).
- No fear of speaking to Godbecause the Holy Spirit helps us (v.26-27)
- No fear of the futurebecause our calling and destiny is certain, if we keep walking in the Spirit (v.28-30)
- No fear of condemnationbecause God has justified us, no one can charge us (v.31-34).
- No fear of any foebecause the love of God protects us in Christ Jesus (v.35-39).
Memory Verse: Romans 8:1 01/07/2018